dimanche 23 juin 2013

Bex Finch

"Sleepwalker" My father was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease in December 2007; he was 59. In 2009 I began capturing portraits, both of my father as his disease progresses and of myself coping with the reality of his condition. The Sleepwalker's self-portraits are an attempt to understand what he is going through: feeling increasingly lost, directionless, and disconnected from his surroundings, and living with the fact that it will only get worse. Through solitary self-portraits at dawn, I've used light as a device to convey the stark separation between myself and my father. I see his frustration with feeling “in the dark,” and in his eyes the struggle to find clarity. I emulate this struggle in my self-portraits, as well as my own desire to make sense of something unfathomable; that is, the loss of personhood. I call the series The Sleepwalker as it seems that that is what my father is becoming -- an emotionless individual wandering through space and time, perpetually divorced from life happening around him. I like to think of this series as a legacy to his life, cut short but beautiful all the same. It is very much a work in progress.
Une série de portraits croisés de cette photographe et de son père atteint de la maladie d'Alzheimer.
Je vous ai mis son site 







Pin It

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Merci de signer vos messages....
Drop me a line...
Emmanuel.

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.